Saturday, February 7, 2015

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Green Tea

Another product I recieved in my Frosty Voxbox was Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Green Tea. This is one of their Holiday Tea's.

(Photo: Mine)

Before getting my Frosty Voxbox I was already a fan of Celestial Seasonings Tea. I had just started trying some of their teas and really loved the ones I had tried so far. I have a difficult time sleeping and started using their SleepyTime Teas to try to get a routine going in hopes to sleep better. I started with the Sleepytime Herbal Tea which is Caffeine free then I tried the Sleepytime Extra which is the same as the first but has valerian in it. Valerian is a sleep aid that has been used "since the days of the Greeks and Romans because of its mild sedative properties". Both teas are made of "chamomile, spearmint and other soothing herbs".
I recently grabbed the Sleepytime Vanilla and tried it out. They have a ton of different flavors of their Sleepytime Tea so there is something for everyone. They even make a Sleepytime Grape for kids!
There are also other non sleepy Herbal Teas and Caffienated Teas to try. I buy most of my Celestial Seasonings Teas at Meijer. Every box comes with 20 tea bags and runs for I believe $2 something, but there are usually sales going on so you can get it even cheaper.

Some of my Sleepytime Teas and an Herbal Tea my mom has tried (she refuses to open packaging properly which is why her box is a mess)
(Photo: Mine)
On to the actual Candy Cane Lane Tea. I am not a huge fan of Peppermint. I dont care at all for peppermint candy canes, even around Christmas time and usually turn down the offer for a peppermint after dinner. Peppermint Mochas are ok but I dont get excited when the coffee creamers start coming back or Starbucks starts doing specials on their Peppermint Mocha. Now give me a bag of York Peppermint Patties and those will be gone in an hour. 
Since I'm not a big plain peppermint fan I was afraid I wouldn't like this tea and actually put off trying it until last minute.

(Photo: Mine)
I was pleasantly suprised, this tea doesn't have that harsh overbearing peppermint taste and was actually wonderful.
Upon opening the package I found the tea bags smelled wonderful ( my sample included two tea bags), a nice light minty sweet smell, I would love to have a candle or lotion with the same smell, it was so calming and pleasant. Celestial Seasonings makes their tea bags without a string or seperate packing for each bag, you open the box and there's a special was paper like bag you upen up that helps keep all the bags fresh. This might bother some but I actually really like not having the string, I hate worrying about the string falling into my tea and I'm going to end up using a spoon to get the bag out anyway.

I read on the package that using slightly cooler water when boiling green tea ( very hot just at the bring of boiling, not boiling hot water) will result in a smoother more delicate flavor. I didn't know that about green tea so once my tea kettle went off I let the water sit and cool off a bit before pouring it into my cup.

(Photo: Mine)
I let my tea steep for more then 3 minutes (3 mins The recommended steeping time) because I was busy helping wire for a TV (poor timing on my part) and I usually leave my tea bag in the entire time I drink tea because I'm weird like that.

I made a cup for my mom as well. She added a packet of stevia to her tea and I didn't sweeten mine at all (normally I do with honey or sugar but wanted to see what the flavor was like alone). I ended up never adding any sweetner to mine. The flavor was wonderful and had the perfect light hint of sweet I didn't feel I needed any extra sweetner.
My mom really enjoyed hers as well. The flavors bold enough without being too much and is very refreshing. I definitly see myself buying this tea again next christmas  (unless I see it year round then I'd love to have it any time but since it's a holiday tea I'm going to assume it's only around during the holidays). This tea was definitly a present suprise and I will continue trying more Celestial Seasonings Teas because I've been very impressed so far.


Thank you Influenster and Celestial Teas for the sample and coupon! 

*all pictures are mine unless otherwise noted. all opinions are my honest thoughts and feelings about the product. I was asked only to give my honest opinion and not rewarded for giving a good review over a bad one.*

No comments:

Post a Comment