Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Surfs Up Vox Box

This June I signed up for Influenster and a few weeks later received my first ever Voxbox! If your not familiar with Influenster and/or want to sign up check out my earlier post: Influenster


Want a Voxbox of your own? Sign up here


(Photo: Mine from my instagram @auntie_m_25)

I was selected to receive the Surfs Up Voxbox and sample and review the products inside. The Voxbox consisted of 5 different products. One of the 5 was either a Cover Girl Bombshell Curvaceous by Lash Blast Mascara or Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. My box ended up containing the NYM shampoo and conditioner which I quickly fell in love with.


(Photo: Mine from Instagram)

Everything that came in my Box:
 1) A coupon for a FREE Jamba Juice Smoothie Kit along with a 2nd coupon for $1 off another Jamba Juice Smoothie Kit. I don't have the 2nd coupon pictured but here is one I took in Meijer while grabbing my free kit.

(Photo: Mine from Instagram)

I did have to make another purchase along with this which was juice because you need juice to mix with the kit. The kits typically retail around $2.99-3.49. Each kit makes 2 eight ounce smoothies. All you have to do is add juice (I believe it was 8 ounces of juice to make up the 2 smoothies) and blend. I was able to use my magic bullet to make this and accidently did the entire bag = 2 smoothies. It fit but I would recommend splitting it in half and doing one smoothie at a time, especially if your going to share. The kits are made up of yogurt and fruit. They are fat free and gluten free and each kit includes a "healthy antioxidant boost, one full serving of fruit and 100% daily value of Vitamin C" (taken from the product information on the insert provided in my Voxbox). They also make dairy free Fruit and Veggie smoothies.



2) Hawaiian Tropic Skin Hydration After Sun Lotion (2 FL. OZ. Bottle)

(Photo: Mine)

Back Panel
(Photo: Mine)

These usually retail for about $2.99 for a 2oz bottle (which is what I received and what's shown in the pictures above) and $8.99 for an 8oz bottle. Here's what the Voxbox insert says about this product: "Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration is the first and only after sun product that combines ribbons of gel and lotion to leave your skin feeling luxurious and refreshed. Features & Benefits: 24 hours of luxurious moisturization with refreshing hydrating ribbons; Lightweight feel; Coconut papaya fragrance; Refreshing sun-tired skin with soothing aloe gel."

3) First Aid Shot Therapy in "Berry" flavor
This product usually retails for about $2.99. I received one for pain but they also make one for heart-burn/upset stomach relief I believe. What the product insert said: "First Aid Shot Therapy "FAST" is an FDA compliant liquid pain relief (drinkable) shot. Common uses for FAST are headache/migraine, sore muscles, back pain and hangover headache".

(Photo: Mine from Instagram)


4)SinfulColors Professional Nail Polish
This stuff I have used many times before (I've received it for a few different samplings through Pinchme and other sites) and I LOVE it! It retails for $1.99 which is amazing because its a million times better then more expensive brands of nail polish. You can find it in a lot of stores (check out their Website for a complete list of stores in US and Canada, you can also find all their colors/collections). I know for sure that you can find SinfulColors in Meijer and Wallgreens. Here is a picture from my instagram that I took yesterday. It shows my manicure after a week of wear, no chips! Just a little wear at the tips which is expected but nothing real noticeable.

(Photo: Mine from Instagram)


5) Last but not least Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Shampoo and Conditioner. This was my first time trying this brand and I loved it! Its not very expensive either which is a major plus. It retails for about $3 for a travel size which is what I received (1 fl. oz) and $6 for a full size which is 8 fl. oz. This set is sulfate free and safe for all hair types to use. The shampoo helps to create tousled waves, hydrate and gently cleanse while the conditioner detangles, hydrates and adds wavy volume. The products are infused with coconut oil and sea kelp extract and they have a nice beachy smell to them. They help to create beautiful beachy waves. For the first time ever I was able to run out of the house without product in my hair and my hair still looking styled after using this shampoo and conditioner. They also sell a sea salt spray if you want to enhance the textured beach style or achieve the look without the shampoo and conditioner.

Front view of both shampoo and conditioner
(Photo: Mine)

Back panel on Shampoo 
(Photo: Mine)

 Back panel on Conditioner
(Photo: Mine)

You can Check out my Not Your Mother's Beach Babe product review here


So that is my Surfs Up Voxbox and all its contents. I cant wait to share my reviews of each product with you. I've been able to try almost everything and so far have been really happy with most of the products. If you haven't already check out the link to my other Influesnter post up above and think about signing up so you can receive and awesome Voxbox to try and review yourself!






*The Voxbox and all products discussed in this post were given to me free for reviewing purposes. I am asked to share my honest thoughts and opinions on each product and am not rewarded for posting positive feedback. All photos above are mine unless otherwise stated. Phrases and paragraphs put in quotations were taken from the product insert (pictured below) that was placed inside the Voxbox and are not in my own words.



69c16be0ceb8b96d956d195617dce10aeae87be1e005401ec258785

No comments:

Post a Comment