Saturday, January 23, 2016

My New Favorite Product: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Recently I got to sample a few Garnier Skincare products from their SkinActive line (and even pass out a few products to my friends at a hosted party).
If you want to read more about my sampling, the kit and first impression's you can find that post here
I was sent free samples of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water  (in both regular and Waterproof) as we all their Clearly Brighter Moisturizer for me and my friends to try and review. I know normally when I hear sample I think a tint little bottle or packet so I feel I have to say these were full size products.


A huge box full of product!
(Photo: Mine)


Full size bottles of Micellar Cleansing Water
 (Photo: Mine)


Full size boxes of the Clearly Brighter Moisturizer
 (Photo: Mine)


Full size moisturizer


While the moisturizer was nice, I felt like it did smooth out the tone of my skin, didn't make me break out and was fairly moisturizing while still being light and non-greasy, it wasn't anything super special to me. To be fair I think its hard to impress with moisturizers


But the Micellar Cleansing Water was a whole nother story! This stuff takes off ALL of your make up. I have a mascara that NOTHING will remove, I've tried all kinds of make up removers, and even coconut oil (which will start to take some of it off but leave a ton behind, and that stuff takes just about any make up off) The waterproof version of this has been the ONLY product to remove  this difficulty mascara, and it removes it completely! I don't wake up with smudge mascara residue all around my eyes, no more morning raccoon eyes. In case your wondering the mascara is Covergirl Full Lash Bloom in waterproof (I love the non waterproof version but it comes off with the smallest bit of water, the waterproof does not budge).


I also love that this product doesn't leave any residue, I was shocked to find that even with the waterproof version (which has the usual oil looking layer at the top and requires shaking before use) my skin felt clean and fresh, it didn't feel like I needed to wash it after at all. It also wasn't drying at all, this would be an amazing product to take camping or somewhere where you wont have the ability to wash your face but want something to help cleanse and refresh your skin (you don't have to have make up on to use it).


Recap of reasons why I LOVE Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
1. Takes off even the toughest to remove makeup
2. Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without any residue (no need to wash after!)
3. Not drying
4. Easy to use

1 comment: