Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Skintimate Mandrin Burst Sampling

Skintimate Mandrin Burst

(Photo: mine from my instagram auntie_m_25)

This month I got to sample skintimates new Mandrin Burst shave gel. They sent me a full size bottle (which you can see above). 

Before i was just using some Gillette mens shaving gel, I was out of gel a few months ago and asked my mom to just grab whatever was cheapest as Costco, mensor womans I didnt really care so mens it was. Nothing against Gillette its a decent gel its just meant for mens faces not womans legs lol but it got the job done.

(Photo: mine from my instagram) 

First off I love the smell of the Mandrin Burst. They describe it as "a refrehing fragrance of fresh mandrin, lemon and lime". Its a wonderful fruity, tropical scent. I really enjoyed the scent and would definitly buy this scent to use again. 

Im not positive how much this typically costs, I havent had a chance to check in the store yet but it looks like online it sells for $2.99 at walgreens.com which isnt too bad.


(Photo: mine)

Skintimate Mandrin Burst has "6 moisturizers, including vitamin E and olive butter, and helps replenish skins natural moisture while providing unbeatable razor protection for a close, comfortable shave and healthy feelin, smooth skin". 

(Photo: mine)

Im not usually a sensitve skinned person but sometimes I find some slight irritation after shaving. I have noticed occationally after shaving I find one or two red bloches on my legs. They arent bumps, and they arent a rash, it kind of reminds me of a blood blister or something. Its just this flat deep red color under my skin, not sure what causes that? But havent noticed any while using this product so its possibley stopping that from happening.

I havent had any irritationa and my skin is silky smooth after each shave. I moisturize regularly, after every single shower. Occationally i jump in the shower just to rinse off or shave my legs real quick before bed (usually if i plan on working out the next morning and dont want to shower but want to freshen up a bit before bed) and when I do this I dont always feel like going through thr whole process of putting on lotion. I attempted shaving my legs before bed and not usuing any moisturizer after and my legs felt great! They were dry feeling or looking and felt completly moisturized. I was suprised becauase I have found in other moisturizing shave gels that they will leave you slightly moisturized but not enough to go without lotion after. 

I'll apologize for the next picture, some might think its a bit gross because of hair but here is before and after close up of my legs. (I am awful, AWFUL! about shaving. I just dont have time for it, Im always on the run and to be honest couldnt care less anymore if people see some stuble on my legs. I do not let my legs get crazy caveman hairy or anything like that I just cant stand to be one of those daily shavers, Ive got more improtant things to do! So typically I shave once a week and occationally more if Im going somewhere nice or something in a dress. Sorry if you think thats gross but hey atleast I shave, I just dont have time for this daily shaving craziness!)

 
(Photo: mine)

So overall I really did enjoy Skintimate Mandrin Burst and do plan on purchasing it in the future to use again. I definitly recommend especially if you enjoy citris scents :)

Thanks Skintimate ans Crowdtap for the sampling oppurtunity!

*I recieved this product free for testing purposes through Crowdtap. I was asked to give my honest opionions and in no way was rewarded for a good review over a bad. I do get points for completing a review and blog post. All photos are mine unless otherwise stated.*

No comments:

Post a Comment