Sunday, June 15, 2014

Save the Undies

Recently I got picked on Crowdtap for a new mission from kotex. Kotex supplied me with 50 samples, 50 cosmetic bags, and 50 "save the undies" pins at my local mall or popular lingerie store. On top of that they supplied me with samples and cosmetic bags for my friends and some awesome party gear to reward ourselves with a fun girls night after handing out all the samples.

Look at all these goodies!
(photo: mine)
The party gear Iincluded: 4 pounds of popcorn, 20 different colored nailpolishes (the special small brushed ones that allow you to do nail art), 10 Sephora facemasks, and a $10 amazon gift card to rent a movie. (+ the samples and cosmetic bags for my friends that I already told you about).

Kotex also gave me a sample, cosmetic bag and a cute tote bag for hosting the party.

(photo: mine)

I added a few extra goodies to the gift bags I gave to my friends. Along with the cosmetic bag and Kotex samples I gave them a sample of Daisy perfume (I had it left over from the Marc Jacobs Daisy hosted party i did a few months ago), a coupon for Doctor Scholls Dream Walk high heel insoles (a sampling I'm doing through bzzagent, I'll have a short post about later this month) a coupon for Paula's Choice skin care (another sampling from bzzagent that ill have a post about later this month), and some small packs of 5 gum (spearmint and peppermint that my dad got through his work). 

(photo: mine)

Faskmasks, washclothes, facewash and makeup remover all ready for the party.
(photo: mine)

Getting ready for the party was a little tricky, I found out I got in about a week before i left for vacation. I wasnt sure when id recieve all the goodies and be able to do my party. I also started school the day after I got home from vacation so it was a busy time to work in a party. The box arrived about 2 days after i got home so i planned my party for the following week on wednesday. Only a few of my friends were able to come and many of them had last minute things come up so my friend Marybeth was the only one able to come with me. 

Our Day:

We went to our local mall (Polaris Fashion Place) and stood outside of Victoria's Secret to pass out our samples. It was perfect timing because Victoria's Secret was having their semi-annual sale so a lot of people were out shopping for new undies. 
(photo: mine)

Marybeth passing out samples
(photo: mine)

Me passing out samples and covered in save the undies pins.
(photo: mine)

Ran into an old friend of mine shopping the sale so gave her some samples to help protect those cute new undies.
(photo: mine)

Stopped into Bath and Body Works next door to Victoria's Secret to see another one of my friends and gave her a sample for the back room to share with the other girls she works with. 
(photo: mine)

Our Night:

We started off by making some of the yummy Snappy popcorn the old fashioned way (the best way!) We threw a little coconut oil in the pan let it heat up on medium heat then added some popcorn and a lid and kept shaking every few minutes untill it was all popped. It tasted so good it didnt even need salt or butter.
(photo: mine)

We picked out some nailpolish whole we ate our popcorn and painted our nails.
(photo: mine)

There were so many adorable colors to choose from. Some were regular, some were shimmery and others were glittery.
(photo: mine)

Then we had fun using the awesome face masks. They were a little different then your normal face mask, you put it on like a regular mask and let it sit for a minute then you rub it into your skin and wash off any extra by splashing your face with some water. When we first started rubbing it in it seemed to just get whiter but then it started absorbing in. Our skin was super soft afterwards.
(photo: mine)


Back in February Kotex had given me some samples to  try, you can see that post and what I thought about them here:
U by Kotex Sample and Share Review http://livingafterloosing.blogspot.com/2014/02/u-by-kotex.html
The samples were some of their older products, the ones I got and passed out this month have the new capture core technology and are even better at stopping leaks.



Here was my night time girls night outfit along with my go-to U-by Kotex period protection. I absolutly love their liners and have been using them for a few year now. They are the ONLY liners i buy, i cant wait to try the new ones with capture core technology. I'm thinking about switching over to the Kotex tampons, i was really impressed with them when i tried them with my last sample and share. I cant wait to try these compact ones (when you open the wrapper you can pull the applicator out to be full sized). Ive used tampax pearl compact tampons before but i havent tried any other brand. They are great for slipping into a small purse, wallet or even your pocket.
(photo: mine)

Here is what was inside of the sample: 2 regular absorbancy click tampons, two super absorbancy click tampons, 2 curve liners with new capture core technology, an insert that tells you about U by Kotex products and even a coupon for a dollar off any one product!
(photo: mine)


Want your own sample to see for yourself? Head on over to:

 phttp://m.ubykotex.com/Sample.aspx

Tampons not your prefered protection? No problem they let you pick out what you want to sample, choose from 4 different sample pack options!

I'd like to thank Kotex for such an awesome oppuetunity, my friends and I had so much fun handing out samples and talking to people about your products. All the things you included for a fun girls night made it extra fun. Tank you for being so generous and making awesome protection so we dont have to throw away any more undies :)

*all the photos incuded in this post are mine unless otherwise stated. I was given the products shown in this post from Kotex through crowdtap. All the opinions stated in this post are my own. Neither Kotex nore Crowdtap gave me any additional insintive for speaking positively about the products i was given. I was only asked to state my honest opionions about how i felt about the products*

No comments:

Post a Comment